04 March 2006

You know it was a good day if you didn’t Hit or Bite anyone*

Friday was one of those days. A day where everything you work on seems to come to a dead end waiting for someone to get back to you, or when they do get back to you, you just have to start over. It’s like a bad game of Candy Land with no Gumdrop Mountain in sight. Come on people…it’s Friday, that magical day of the week when new projects cease and old projects come to fruition. In other words, it’s a wrap up day…give a girl a break!

All I really wanted to do after work was go home and relax, but my dear husband and I had the ingenious plan to go to the bank and finally set up our joint account. You ever been in a bank on a Friday night, right before closing? Trust me; it’s not all sunshine and roses in there. Honestly, we would have gotten better customer service if we had been sitting outside poking each other with scissors.

And of course, I’ve given up swearing for Lent so I couldn’t even properly vent my frustrations. “Oh my Ga…hhhwwww, What the….Heeee…ck?” I kept sputtering. I think Rick thought I might have an aneurism trying to come up with inventive non-swear words as we waited for someone to actually do their job. (You should know that this was the second time I had gone to the bank to set up this joint account…you can guess how well it went the first time. Luckily for me, that day, I was still able to swear!)

So, all’s well that ends well, I guess. Despite all the trouble, we finally have a joint account and my name change has been recorded in their system. Now we just have to wait a couple weeks for our new debit cards, checks and such. Fuuuuu….dge!

*This was a sentiment written on a wedding card we received. It is true for so many things, but for a wedding day, I feel it was particularly apropos.

No comments: