09 March 2006

Can I Get Some Fries With That Shake?

Sorry to have two food related posts in a row...but the other day I was reminded that the magic is back at McDonald's. No, they haven't brought back Grimace and the Hamburgler...it's simply time for those amazing, fabulous, Shamrock Shakes!

Now, I enjoy a minty fresh Shamrock Shake every March or so, but I had no idea people were so fanatical about them (or the lack of them). My sister has always had an unhealthy infatuation with the Shamrock Shake. As a teacher, she has been known to whip up a batch or two for her school's St. Patrick's day party, and would always have two or three, or ten, straight from the source. I personally think it's an addiction. But yet, as I sit here talking about them, I can almost taste the frothy, green goodness that is the essence of the Shamrock Shake.

Darn you MickyD's what do you put in that green dye? And why does the name "Shamrock Shake" have to be so catchy? Get thee to a McDonald's before it's too late, they are only available for a limited time.

No comments: